HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

All the Small Things;
All the Fall Things

Donning our flannel and warm footwear, Mark and I made our way to Franklin over the weekend, a quaint Pennsylvania town that happens to be home to one of the biggest annual Applefests in the region.

AppleDumpling

FoodVendor

PumpkinFunnelCake

DowntownFranklin

ApplefestVendors

Chocolate

ApplefestFlag

AppleSelfie

We gorged ourselves with fall-festive foods like pumpkin funnel cake and apple dumplings, checked out more than 300 craft vendors, bought a few cheesy wooden ornaments, and checked out a few businesses in the downtown area, which was overwhelmingly crowded during the festival.

I've heard great things about Franklin, about an hour drive from where I'm living now, but had never been until now.

Last fall, I watched Gilmore Girls on Netflix for the first time. It's weird because I totally fit into that generation of girls who watched it religiously; I just wasn't one of them.

Anyways, I found myself cherry picking episodes to watch over the last week or two. I think the idea of living in a quaint small town and the crispness of a New England fall are so charming to me. I just wish Stars Hollow was real life. In my experience, small towns have a lot more racists and sexists. And other generally backwards thinking.

Sigh. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to putting up the hoards of Halloween decorations around the house, go out driving to pick pumpkins once the leaves start to turn, and perhaps even hit up a haunted house. I have a roller derby friend who works at Scarehouse and a few of us got a sneak peek earlier this year. It made me realize how much I miss haunted houses!

What's on your fall must-do list?

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Was it a one-weekend festival or is it still happening? I would love to go sometime this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I never watched Gilmore Girls either. Now I think my husband would wtf at me real hard if I started. :P

    I have a fall bucket list on my blog, but I think I should add eating a caramel apple to it. It's been so many years since I had one!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more about Gilmore Girls. I didn't get into it when it was on, but I've watched the entire series now. I wish Stars Hollow were real too, you're right about small towns...small minds as they say.

    Another thing I miss is how wholesome the show was. It was a show geared towards teens and most ofit was pretty appropriate - while ALSO being entertaining. I know it makes me sound old, but I wish shows for teens now had a little less sex and drugs in them

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete