HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Day: Kidspeak

Sometimes I have the coolest job.

As an education reporter, I cover a lot of different issues, but one of the biggest perks is talking to students in the classroom. The elementary-aged ones can be just so darn cute! On occasion I'll get an assignment that basically equates to student reactions. I recently completed one of these assignments for Mother's Day.

Typically I wouldn't cross-mingle my work life and the blog, but I thought it was cute and lighthearted enough to be OK in this situation. And YOLO. Enjoy. :)

What do you love about your mom?

"She’s beautiful, just without her makeup."
Seven-year-old girl

What's your favorite thing your mom does for you?

"I love my mom because she always takes care of us. She gives us toys, clothes, and takes us to McDonalds. I love that place."
Seven-year-old boy

"She feeds me and gives me water."
Eight-year-old girl

"She takes me to my ice skating lessons and she feeds me chocolate chip pancakes everyday."
Eight-year-old boy

"Whenever I make messes, she cleans them up. Sometimes I leave my toys out. She tells me to (clean) but I don’t."
Eight-year-old girl

Why is it important to celebrate Mother's Day?

"I think it’s important to have Mother’s Day because she doesn’t have to deal with my brother killing me and we should thank moms because they were there for all our lives."
Seven-year-old girl

"It gives mothers excitement for having a happy time with her children."
Seven-year-old boy

"I think it’s important because you don’t help her much, so you can help her on Mother’s Day."
Seven-year-old girl

"It’s like her birthday, so we celebrate it."
Eight-year-old boy

How do you plan to celebrate Mother's Day?

"I'm going to scare her." And then give her a balloon.
Seven-year-old boy

Aren't kids the cutest? I can only imagine what I would've said if I were asked those questions as a seven-year-old. Hah.

2 comments:

  1. Aw this totally brightens my day! What a cool job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish my work days were always this much fun!!

      Delete