HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Monday, June 8, 2015

Happening NOW: Three Rivers Arts Fest!

If you have a pulse and live in Pittsburgh you're most likely aware of Three Rivers Arts Fest, which happens downtown every June. In my opinion, it's one of the best cheap/free things Pittsburgh has to offer each summer.

Logos@3RiversArtsFest

Over the weekend, Mark and I met up with my high school best friend Katie and her beau, Andrew, to peruse the hundreds of vendors. I've talked before here about how it's kind of an annual tradition.

Mark and I typically go at least twice over the 10-day span it's set up, depending on the free concerts. Friday night was Jenny Lewis, who I would've LOVED to see, but had to work. Neko Case is playing this Saturday, so Mark and I are planning to go back this weekend. It's going on through Sunday.

Here are a few personal art vendor favorites that caught my eye:

Marisol Spoon
Painted lady profiles, often with kitty and nautical themes. I was trying to find a girl who had brown hair, bangs and an orange cat. That would've been an instant purchase. :) This vendor is at Arts Fest until tomorrow.

Black Ink Art
Some trippy mixed media work by two brothers working collaboratively. Often includes pop culture references, like Homer Simpson (Katie purchased a print of this one), Bill (Chill) Murray, Hunter S. Thompson, etc.

Mark and I purchased an astronaut print here. At $15, it's a hard price to beat for a decent-sized work of art. Canvas prints and original watercolors were also available for purchase.

A photo posted by Black Ink (@blackinkarts) on

Ron Copeland
A Pittsburgh-based visual artist that often incorporates light and typography into his eye-popping work. Mark and I have him on our radar for a potential future purchase.

A photo posted by Ron Copeland (@norpoc) on

Other favorite goodies:

AJW Creations
Gregg Knott Photography
Antique Pet Photos

What are some of your favorite summer traditions?

3 comments:

  1. I went to the Three River Art Fest fro the first time last year and had so much fun. I was considering applying to try and showcase my art and see if I could sell some of my pieces but I ended up chickening out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you should've set up! There's always next year. :) I have no idea what vendor pay to set up, but I'm sure the exposure alone would be worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to see Jenny so badly, but I was coming to Pittsburgh Saturday for a show! I had a few friends there too and strangely (seriously) Ron (from this posts) is a friend of mine! I love his stuff so much and hope to one day own one of his lights!

    ReplyDelete