HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

(S)Kate

JumpforJoycropped

HoldMyHandcropped

This post is to celebrate being a new roller derby recruit. Huzzah! It's been a goal of mine for awhile to try it out, so it's excited that it's happening at last. :)

I'm pictured above, about four years old, tightly holding onto my cousin Casey's hand, at the same skating rink where I'll be training this winter and spring. (I would kill for those Barbie themed elbow and knee pads! Haha.) A product of the 80s, roller rink trips were occasional but consistent. I often was the person with a death grip on the carpeted wall all the way around the rink. Apparently my mom and I went on a few skating lessons when I was about five, but then she learned she was pregnant with my sister so we stopped going.

Even though I've only been skating for a few weeks now, I can say I'm much more confident on skates. I can stop without running into a wall and everything! We'll see how things go moving forward. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Roller derby sounds like quite a lot of fun! I used to love riding on my skates as a child! I wonder if I can still remember how to do it, it must be like riding a bike though, once you get going, you remember everything.

    ReplyDelete