HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Monday, January 12, 2015

Update: 26 before 27

Hi everyone. Sorry for the absence over the last few weeks. I've been busy on many fronts as of late: work, personal and hobby. Since today marks my half birthday, I thought I'd go over the goal list I made six months ago. It's an ambitious list, but I think I've been pretty good at tackling a lot of the things so far.

Get a pet
I want a dog so badly. But I make take anything at this point: A turtle, a cat, a salamander. Whatever.

Wally has been the best companion, ever, really. He's very smart, loves cuddling and attention, and loves giving us kisses by softly biting our faces. Lol. And he follows commands surprisingly well for a cat. Mark is convinced we inherited a dog in a cat's body.

KittensCantHaveCheesecake

Try out for a sport
It's always been a dream of mine to do roller derby.

This is something I've really followed through with this month. I bought my first pair of derby skates, and have been practicing a ton, which is one of the reasons I've been absent on the blog. Tryouts for the team are this weekend. Don't tell me to break a leg. ;)

Read more
I'm constantly reading news articles all over the interwebs and writing stories. But my leisure reading is seriously lacking. I hope to maybe read 20 books over the next year. It's still not that much, but I feel like it's an attainable goal.

I've been trying to stay on top of this one, too. (Also, if you look to the side of my blog, I recently added a book-reading widget! Huzzah!)

Bookshelf

Host a major holiday feast

I successfully cooked for eight this Thanksgiving! It was pretty overwhelming, but really rewarding. I might start hosting on an annual basis. As long as Mark can cover the turkey. :D

Go on a road trip

Mark and I went on a very fun trip to Boston back in October to commemorate our one-year wedding anniversary. We saw many historic sites, visited Salem, and I cried a few times driving because the drivers there are incredibly aggressive. But all in all, a fun adventure!

NewEnglandRoadTrip

Some things I need to work on before my birthday: Attempting more ambitious cooking, sewing of any kind, being more loving and appreciative, sending more snail mail.

I think having a list like this has been really nice for me. It puts things in perspective and motivates me to follow through. Have you had success making goal lists?

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely a big list person too. I feel like it hold me accountable if I write it down. lol! I also made a reading goal of 20 books this year, how crazy is that?! haha! I really love to read but I hadn't made any time for it so I'm really trying to work on it this year. I'm currently reading 2 completely different books at once. haha! I would love to go on a road trip this year. How long was the drive to Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your on track to get quite a lot, if not all completed! It's nice to have a little recap too. I'm quite looking forward to working through my goals this year. Last year we didn't do too bad and we had a good year, we just kind of forgot the goals!

    ReplyDelete