HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Road Trips are like a Wild Goose Chase

This skirt makes me want to go on a road trip.

RockFormation2@Succop

Maps@Succop

WildGooseChase@Succop

My coworker Kim shot these photos beautiful for me after work last week. They were taken at the local conservancy. Going there almost felt like a mini road trip.

Apparently it gets even prettier in the summer.

Those geese in the photo are deceivingly adorable; they kept hissing at me and sticking their tongues out! I guess they were just being protective of the young ones, but still.

Anyway, I was so happy to incorporate this skirt back into my wardrobe. It makes me think of road trips, summer, having a good time. The a-line cut is incredibly flattering. It's also extremely versatile; it can be dressed up or down. Best of all, I bought it half off during a ModCloth sale a few years ago! It's held up really well since then, even though I wear it a lot.

CloseUp@Succop

Outfit: Skirt, Modcloth (old); shirt, Target; cardigan, J. Crew (outlet); flats, Famous Footwear.

What are some of your summer wardrobe staples?

2 comments:

  1. Ah I'm so jealous. I have an odd obsession with finding road trip print dresses/skirts because I loveeeee to road trip and try to go on one at least once a year. I also have an odd obsession with theme dressing so I hope to buy one of these road trip print items to actually wear on a road trip ;) One of my summer wardrobe staples is this vintage strawberry print dress that I have, I love it cause its adorable and also a little longer in length but light enough for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geese are never friendly animals! They looks all sweet and innocent and then they just aren't. Like swans, they look so lovely and then they try and bite your head off!

    That skirt is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete