HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Monday, October 6, 2014

Take me Home, Country Roads

SmileyHalf@Morgantown

SmileyFull@Morgantown

Outfit: Sweatshirt, vintage, found at flea market; shoes, Marshalls; shorts, Old Navy; tights, H&M.

Just a quick outfit post to hold you all over. ;)

I wore this when Mark and I went to Morgantown the other weekend (home of West Virginia University). I felt a little bit like a poser because I never actually attended WVU; Mark went to grad school there. We have some good friends completing their PhDs there, so basically they're trapped in West Virginia until the end of time. Ha. Just kidding.

I found the sweatshirt at Trader Jack's a few weekends prior and could not pass it up. It was in mint condition, no cracks on the screen printing, bright and beautiful, so probably never worn. I could've haggled, but instead just grabbed it and paid 5 bucks.

I honestly used to loathe Morgantown, because Mark and I were doing a moderate distance relationship when he was in grad school. I visited him almost every weekend for a year and a half. We lived about 75 miles away from one another; that's why I call it a moderate distance rather than a long distance relationship.

But anyway, the place has really grown on me now. I don't know if I would've enjoyed being a student there, since there's a hardcore party culture among undergrads, but the town has a charm all it's own. It's also a beautiful drive.

And fun fact: "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver is the unofficial state song. It's a beautiful song, but rumor has it Denver had never even been to West Virginia.

Another fun fact/rumor: the song "Morning Morgantown" by Joni Mitchell is supposedly about Morgantown, WV. I've really been getting into Joni, lately. She has such an goosebump-inducing voice.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, sweatshirts are useful and $5 is a steal! I have never been to Morgantown, but I do relatives in WV somewhere. Totally haven't seen them in over 10 years, haha.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought. 5 bucks is worth it.

      Delete
  2. You are adorable <3 Those shorts are super cute! Love your shoes, too ^_^

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete