HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Monday, December 15, 2014

Justine's Peppermint Kiss Blossom Cookies

Note from Kate: I recently asked bloggers to share some of their favorite Christmas cookie recipes, along with memories of making them, with the hopes it could be an online version of a Christmas cookie exchange party. Today's recipe comes from Justine, of The Red Lip Chronicles.

If you look closely, you'll notice she's wearing a very appropriate pastry-inspired dress in her photo. :) Enjoy!

Hi! My name is Justine and I blog over at The Red Lip Chronicles.

JustinesMintHersheyKissBlossom3Justine

I'd love to share with you a new twist on a favorite holiday cookie of mine the Hershey Kisses Blossom Cookie.

I was so excited when Kate asked me to participate in her holiday cookie recipe posts. That got me thinking what is a holiday cookie to me. There are definitely more traditional holiday cookies that I could think of but this is one of the first things that came to mind. I think it's because I feel like with all the holiday parties I attend this is a cookie staple. It's one of those cookies that looks adorable, is delicious and not too difficult to make.

Sure enough it always makes its way to the dessert table and I'm not complaining. I wanted to take this cookie that already brings about memories of Christmas gatherings and parties and add a new peppermint twist to it.

I love the candy cane hershey kisses that come out around the time of christmas. I actually am not the biggest fan of just eating a candy cane (I know -- GASP!) but for some reason I love candy cane flavored foods and drinks. I think that adding this to the blossom cookie makes it that much more festive and unique.

Admittedly I found some wonderful Cookie Blossom recipes online but I actually just ended up going with the recipe that was on the Hershey Kiss bag.

JustinesMintHersheyKissBlossom1

Peppermint Kiss Blossom Cookies

Ingredients:
• Hersheys Candy Cane Kisses
• 1/2 cup butter softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons milk
• Optional: Festive Red and Green Sugar crystals

Directions:
Step 1: Preheat Oven to 350
Step 2: Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture with milk
Step 3: Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Optional Roll in red/green or mixture sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet
Step 4: Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Remove from oven. Let cool for about 2 minutes
Step 5: Unwrap and place Hershey Kiss into center of cookie. Let cool completely
Step 6: ENJOY!

I hope you enjoyed the cookie recipe and let me know if you try making them! Im sure they'll be a hit at your next holiday party. ;)

JustinesMintHersheyKissBlossom2

Thank you, Justine!

No comments:

Post a Comment