HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Monday, December 8, 2014

Oatmeal, Craisin, and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Note: I recently asked bloggers to share some of their favorite Christmas cookie recipes, along with memories of making them, with the hopes it could be an online version of a Christmas cookie exchange party. This recipe is the first of several cookies to be featured this month. I am contributing this recipe. Enjoy!

One of my longtime favorite cookies to make have been oatmeal and chocolate chip ones, because I tell myself they're healthy (with oatmeal), despite there being chocolate in them, and you know being cookies and all.

Lame, I know, but I do whatever I can to justify my sweet tooth.

freshbakedcookie@katesrecipe

I actually found a recipe variation with Craisins while I was clipping coupons a few weeks ago. Just picture me knitting a sweater with a dozen cats now. Haha.

Anyway, Exhibit A:

recipe@katesrecipe

So now, not only do I have oatmeal to justify these as a "healthy" snack, but there's FRUIT too. Am I right? Haha. Anyway, these were really tasty and pretty easy to make. They'd be perfect for any holiday function, or any occasion, for that matter.

Also, just to prove that despite all of the unintentional product placement in this post, I used Aldi brand dried cranberries in the recipe. :)

Oatmeal, Craisin, and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe via Craisins

Ingredients:
• 2/3 cup butter, softened
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 five-ounce package of dried cranberries, aka Craisins
• 2/3 cup white or semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (I always used parchment paper when baking; it's a savior!) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

PS Also, just in case you want in on the fun, it's not too late to contribute. Email me at thriftburgher@gmail.com for all of the details. Recipe deadline is Monday, Dec. 15.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I haven't made cookies or biscuits in such a long time! Don't think I've ever tried oatmeal cookies either.

    ReplyDelete