HOME           /           ABOUT           /           ETSY           /           CONTACT

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Polka Dotted Stripes

This was my garage sale chic shoppping outfit this weekend.

Smiles@PolkaDottedStripes

Bench@PolkaDottedStripes

While simple, this outfit broke one of my biggest longtime "rules". Since college, I've almost never worn shorts. It's about being self conscious about my legs, as I've talked about before.

But seriously. These shorts are comfortable. I got them at an Old Navy sale for $1.50 a few summers ago. (I also have another pair in a muted orange color I bought the same day.) And since it's now officially summer weather, complete with ridiculous humidity and temperatures in the 80s on a daily basis, wearing pants simply isn't an option.

I also love mixing prints. Polka dots and stripes are seriously the easiest things to pair together.

The shorts were happening. Screw stupid perfect body expectations.

Even with the insane number of skirts and dresses I now own, I'm hoping shorts will be making a more regular appearance this summer.

Feet@PolkaDottedStripes

PrettyWeeds@PolkaDottedStripes

Smiles2@PolkaDottedStripes

Outfit: Shirt, thrifted; Shorts, Old Navy (old); Shoes, Toms; Sunnies, Avalon (secondhand store).

Do you face challenges on becoming more body positive?

PS I now have a Facebook page for the blog. Like it if you're cool!

10 comments:

  1. Omg yes! I have the same issue with my legs! I hate shorts because they are just too short but also because I generally don't like the feel of wearing them. I know that sounds crazy but I like the freeness of skirts and dresses. So I generally opt for like above knee or knee length dresses/skirts for summer. I do love those polka dots shorts from Old Navy I tried their polka dot skinnies once and it was a tragedy but maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean by feeling free in skirts and dresses. It's true!

      Delete
  2. I think these shorts look great on you, lady! There is no such thing as a perfect body. Do what makes you comfortable and happy!

    As for your comment...I think you are doing a great job at networking and being engaging! And the giveaways? Reach out to companies and ask them if they are interested in doing one or reach out to Etsy owners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice and kind words. I might try to host my first giveaway within the next month or so.

      Delete
  3. I think you look great in shorts, and this pair in particular are adorable! I can't believe you found them for so cheap! SCORE.

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Old Navy's seriously have the best sales. I rarely shop there, but when I do, I usually beeline to the clearance section.

      Delete
  4. What a great find! You are so cute and I love that you are being you.

    ReplyDelete